20080708

Vacation Small Talk

I always think that vacations are unnecessary. Not only that, they are wickedly expensive!

I think I'm just the homely type. Do the routine, stay at home, eat what you have, sleep when you need to, play with the kids most of the time, and playing with hobbies next, not to mention playing with the unmentionable.

But my wife thought otherwise.

So a small request actually ends up being escalated. There's the impromptu Langkawi work-cum-self-rejuvenation trip, which actually happen again last May, a second one after last year's July.

I always thought that for a family, one vacation per year, if at all, is enough.

The thing is, when the Langkawi trip commences, we had planned for another trip, to Indonesia.

Yes, it's partly because of the expenses. And partly because I worry about me. I 'fraid that I might do shopping too. Like, impulse shopping. I have loads of wants in mind. And all are not cheap. And then, there's the vacations fatigue. Vacation expect people to move a lot, or "you will miss all the heavenly glories", to borrow Bruce Lee.

I don't know guys, but too many trips are extravagant to me.

Although I have to accept the fact that I did promised, it's still quite unpleasant to think that this year is actually the year we travel a lot. Luckily the tiring Langkawi trip a month ago was paid for.

And then, there's this Penang trip. What worries me more about it, is the highway fuel expenses, going and heading back. Aiyoo... And it's happening around the corner.

So, in preparing for these two occasions, I should save whatever I could.

But in the end, I knew my wife needs this more than me. So next year, there will be A vacation. One vacation. Just one. Strictly.

No comments: