20080710

News To Me

Today, did a few errands I ought to continue from last night's auto-insurance shopping.

One of it was renewing my road-tax sticker.

I arrived just in time to Carrefour Wangsa Maju's Post Office. In a few minutes, it opened, with me getting the queue number 35.

So I will not wait. I'd rather not. Off I go loitering. Actually I meant to say going for a survey.

Handphone.

It's the nearest visible thing to the Post Office. Most of the stalls are just opened as well.

After asking three shops, I got what I regard as a low price for this basic handphone I have in mind since early this year, the Nokia 1200, at 110RM. Others I saw displayed the higher prices of 119, 129, and one even showed 147!

The 1200 seems enough for a person who only look for the practical side of things. Although I admit I do dream of the Communicator series every once in a while.

Looking at it, yes. But buying it, not yet.

Renewing the road-tax sticker this year means getting some extra. So in anticipation that things might not be what it seems later on, I renewed somewhat early. Mine expires late this month, though.

Straightaway after renewing and getting the rebate money, I went to the handphone shop first. So the first thing I did with the 625RM, is buying the handphone.

In fact, this is my first new purchase after four years since my last new buy of the Nokia 3120 (which I gave to my brother-in-law) way back in April 2004!

What else I did? Walking downhill from Carrefour, I felt like entering into Proton Parts Shoppe conveniently situated nearby my company, just having a look. There, I got me some massive while otherwise painful advice regarding some question about Proton that has been lingering since long ago. Among it, was about:
  • Link Arm (aka Dog Bone)
  • Camber Screw (the myth)
  • Timing Belt
  • Alignment (blues)
I don't feel like writing about this yet. I will set aside a day for that, hopefully.

Tiring it is, walking 500 meters to Carrefour, but it pays handsomely.

No comments: