20060309

A Week Of Public Transportation

It's been a week, and some, since I used the public transport. I can only say it's been good, apart from some drawbacks. RapidKL has not let me down just yet. And the LRT-Bus combo pass, is indeed useful.

Some advantage of using public transport:
  • Able to take a nap on the bus.
  • On the LRT, you will arrive there ON TIME, guaranteed.
  • Able to wear as big a stereo headphone as possible, and not worry about cops flagging you down for not paying full attention to traffic.
  • With a pass, you can go anywhere, and I mean, anywhere, in KL. And with no extra cost, you can literally bring no more money.
  • Able to feast your eyes on anything panoramic, beautiful or sexy.
Some disadvantage of using public transport:
  • Waking up too early is necessary.
  • Have to be content with sharing spaces with lots of other occupants.
  • Queueing and more queueing.
  • Too many transits in between transportation.
  • Double or triple time wastage in total per day.
  • Extra time wasted while waiting for the bus.
  • Exposure to natural and manmade elements, e.g., rain, sunlight, exhaust smog, etc.
  • Inability to sing loudly anymore. You can only lip-sync.
Well, you cannot have everything.

I did though, find the chance to do my full-fledged karaoke singing, while walking the 5-minute transit between Sungai Besi LRT Station to the imaginary bus stop (no proper roofed and seated facility) beside the Sungai Besi Highway. That means belting out at least one song.

But I guess, I won't stop at Sungai Besi anymore. I found Salak Selatan LRT to be nearer to a bus stop where RapidKL 868 passes. The rain at 7.30 yesterday evening had me good.

No comments: