20031208

The Eighties

I love the 80s. The TV, the environment, the school, my old house, my neighbours, my friends etc..

The best TV era was the 80s. You have all the fantasy program available on earth. There was Knight Rider, Streethawk, Transformers, Go-Bots, BJ And The Bear, MacGyver, Tosho Deimos, Voltron, Starfleet etc. It seems that the tv was everything at that time for a kid like me.

Some of the things I remember back at school was, getting a first place in class academically. That was in 1987.

Also, one thing to note was, I peed in my pants when I was 7, only a few days of beginning school. I am not sure where should I do it. I just sat there and let it out. Fortunately, nobody seems to notice, and I managed to get up after 10 minutes and went back to class. I was lucky. That was the first and the last time.

I also remember that I joined a religious primary school at Bangsar. There, I got to know some of my friends from Bangsar, who happened to still remember me.

I remember being bullied by some friends I know, which I fought against and ran away from. Later I saw myself calling out "Bully!" when we get to meet them as loud as I can. I could say that I bullied them back. We never saw them at school again.

I remember the first time I heard a rock band play. Def Leppard it was! That was in 1988, and it's their fourth album Hysteria, produced in 1987, which didn't sell until 1988 that is! It's been 16 years since, and I still liked this album. "Hey But Are You Gettin' It, Armageddon It, You Really Gettin' It, Yes Armageddon It, C'mon Get It". What a rhyme...

I remember refusing to join a religious high school because most of my school peers are going to Victoria Institution instead. I couldn't stand being apart from my peers. But finally I bowed to parental pressure. I accepted SAMER. And it sure could be quite a good choice I made after all. I found some of my friends back again.

All in all, nothing in the 80s is to be forgotten. It's cherished and remembered like all that memory permits.

More about the 80s soon!

No comments: