20031224

Creating Melodies

I found out that as a drummer, I can easily create melodies that corresponds to the current drum tracks that I mentally play while driving or working. The melodies are usually for guitars but some bass melodies can be around the drums too. As easy as creating it, I can easily forget it too. Ohh my memory.

Now one thing for sure, I simply can't do the lyrics. Somebody did ask whether I want the "lyrics" from her department, but I'm not rushing into lyric composing or choosing just yet. I should prioritize on the melody first.

But then, I could never read music. I only play by ear. Thus, guitars are out, and basses are out too. Keys? Not a chance! As for me, drums are my musical life. Vocals are secondary. I may hum the guitar or bass parts, but it needs to be played by somebody else. In this case, I have my guitarplayers.

By the way, returning the Jackson RR-3 Guitar back to the shop for the Rogue LX200 Bass WAS THE WORST THING that I've ever done! I should've kept the guitar!

I still regretted that decision 7 years later, which is now. Shoulda kept my hero's axe!

No comments: