20060222

Hot Plate

As most say, Minis can never be perfect. Occasionally, something will break. (read: weekly)

As of last night, STELLAR suffered his worst clutch binding to date. In the rain. On Jalan Tun Razak. Big mistake. Heading towards Seremban Highway. Bigger mistake. Imagine that!

Being in a traffic jam with a modern car is relieving enough, compared to being in a Mini, with an increasingly hot and binding clutch. Add to that a pinch or two of stiff clutch pedal spring, and you will get a sore leg muscle in no time.

Fighting the pain, I had to hold on to the clutch while balancing the throttle, or the engine will die. If I shift into neutral gear, it will stuck there and not go into any gear anymore.

I learnt my lesson. The lesser I use the clutch, the lesser the chance of it to bind.

So today, I intend to avoid the morning traffic altogether. At 6.30am, I departed for work. It's simply a big treat for both of us.

Probably Wednesday next week, STELLAR will get its intensive rest. I may drive him sometimes to catch the intercity bus, twice a week.

And I vow never to pay another mechanic for at least 3 months. For that, he needs all the rest he can get.


PS: Missing Muzaffar so much! Been three weeks since our parenting sabbatical.

2 comments:

rinnie said...

heiii..so cute the picture is.

sHa said...

ala...
wendu gileh la same japa, abg!
bawak la dia balekkk!!
:((