20051201

Love vs Care

While sending my boss to KLIA today, we talked about something confusing yet intriguing.

Which is better, to love or to care?

He said, most people recognize love. But those that do, rarely recognize care as well.

He also said, being in love doesn't mean you care. But it's different when it comes to being caring. This means, to care is better than to love, as when you care, you treat your cared-ones better. This differs to being in love, which sometimes means to take your loved-ones for granted.

It's an unfamiliar place for me, talking about care, when all I have heard about, is regarding love. But for me, love itself has a loose or vague meaning to it.

And what's the case for me? Do I usually love someone, or do I care for someone? I don't know. I haven't reached that far in myself just yet. I just spend my time day to day doing the routines.

But deep inside me, I think I have not cared enough, especially to my wife and son. Of course I think I loved them, but I don't think I cared enough. It's simply a feeling inside me that said so.

2 comments:

ClipperSeep said...

Weh.. i think it's normal for guy to feel that they love somebody but don't show much... Biasa, especially Malays.

Anonymous said...

:-) have u ever come across with this MICK? It sounds familiar.