20051104

In Dilemma

I think I am ready for my next digital camera.

I have been pondering for a while which model are the best overall for my disposal, as well as considering several parameters for my convenience/ergonomics.

To compare with, I currently have a 4-megapixel Nikon Coolpix E4600.

For my next camera, I am looking for at least 5 megapixel.

I have a list of potential candidates. They are
  1. Canon Powershot A610
  2. Sony Cybershot DSC-W5
  3. Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ2
  4. Kodak EasyShare Z7590
  5. Nikon Coolpix E5900
I am not keen on the Nikon, but if it's good, I'll consider it.

Other than the megapixel, I am looking for at least more than 3x optical zoom, good battery consumption, good enough picture color and some other features that I deem useful.

I budget around RM1600 for my next purchase.

PS: Ever realized that most mainstream digital cameras have middle names? EasyShare, Lumix etc etc. I wonder why is it so?

4 comments:

nett.nadia said...

i'm using sony cybershot DCS-whatever (x ingat), and i love it to bits! body dia kaler merah :) mine is 7.2 MP. comes with useless photo editor (installer) that i never use. picture quality, bagus sgt sampai jerawat yg kecik pun nampak semua, but pics tend to be a bit darker (sy tak reti setting kot?). myriad of features that i rarely/dont know how to use (never even bother to read the manual). EXPENSIVE memory stick. bodo punya sony.

sHa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sHa said...

eh? bli camera lain plak? banyak duet eh! try canon la abg.. haha.. mau bli slr ke ape neh? actually, bkan nye tau sgt psl slr camera.. muahaha! tp slalu owang kate canon bagos.. yekeh?

SYCLONE said...

To Nett,

Your camera (the DCS-P200) actually has got good reviews!

Try experimenting with white balance, kalau ada setting dalam menu. Try taking a picture with every setting, indoors and outdoors, with and without flash.

And experiment with flash. The flash has different intensity too.

I got excellent result.

To Sha,

Saja2 nak beli la comel. Canon macam best, Panasonic pun macam best. Tapi nak try pegang pulak. Baru tengok gambar je.

Panasonic FZ20 pun lawa, rupa SLR lagi. Tapi 2200rm!