20061220

Recycling Blues

I usually bought Cincau drinks in cans.

And I felt bad about throwing it in the trash. I know I can do better.

Only thing is, I cannot help it. I cannot continue carrying the can around until I found a recycling bin. I cannot afford to have one hand immobile. It's sort of a travellers' dilemma.

But it surely gets me thinking though.

If the government are so serious in promoting recycling, up to the deemed 50 percent of all waste material, they should make the recycle bin as common as the trash bin.

I know most of us will want to get rid of certain recyclable material on the spot. Putting them beside the trash bin will be good enough.

It's as simple as this notion. To save 50 percent of waste, we need 50 percent of the bins to be there.

To save 50 percent, supply first 50 percent.

I anticipate the recyclable trash to be more of the water container type. So my idea for the bins is 20 percent for dry material, 30 percent for wets.

No comments: