20061222

Noise Makers

Sometimes I can't tolerate noise.

Since I define noise as anything mechanically loud such as RapidKL bus' gearbox whine, or physiologically loud such as my technician's snoring (he told me his resembles a ship Generator sound, or Gen Set), most of the time I will hear loud noises throughout my travelling time.

It almost seems like everyday that I hear them.

Bus gearbox whine
LRT track and wheel grind
Techno music from handphones
Passenger snores and chatters
And all other sorts of "noise"

The only personal remedy, since you can't really beat the noise, is a pair of earplugs.

It almost seems blissful to hear your own breathing instead of all the unnecessary din.

So, to anybody travelling and have similar problem, take my advice. Go to Ace Hardware, or any hardware store, and get some. But wear them only when you are sure there will be noise involved.

No comments: