20081106

Please RTFM

For those owners of anything, like, anything at all, it pays to read your user manual.

Or at least, read about the page mentioning about optional accessories.

It works for me to know exactly what I wanted when I buy.

In my case, my handphone. I happen to go to Uda Ocean near Jalan Petaling last week, and I thought about buying a handsfree kit.

At that time, I don't know a thing about the suitable one for my phone.

Neither do the shop owner! He seems to be clueless about the right type or model of the kit for my 1200 Nokia. He simply attempted to plug in one unit that I know was for phones from 4 years ago, labeled HS-7.

When the phone displayed "Enhancement not supported" I simply said, this one won't work. He said it will.

I just knew it won't because I have just that model for my old 2300. And it is not recognized by the 1200.

When I said it won't work, once again, he just dismissed me. Never mind then...

When I came back home, I went through the manual, for the first time. Hehe... And it should have been, a HS-47 instead.

I simply will not believe anybody so easily anymore.

No comments: