20070312

No Guitar Licks

Why is it that in radio edit versions, most hard rock or pop rock songs lose their guitar solos (or called licks in rock term)?

Is it because they need to trim down the length?

I just can't stand the omission.

For me, guitar solos provide the feelings for a rock song. Without it the song is bland, soulless, emotionless, lifeless, and it suddenly becomes another normal pop tune.

Indeed, a pop tune in the R&B or rap group.

Instead, rap songs especially in the 90s, ala 4U2C or sorts, have blazing guitar solos, that should or must be omitted. The reasons simply, the rap song suddenly becomes a rock number. The guitars seems so out of place, and it appears to be a mismatched component.

I know most of anybody couldn't relate to this. I listen to Sinar FM, while most do Era.

And I just can't get enough of the 80s, I simply felt that I refuse to grow up.

No comments: