20070323

And The Award Goes To...

I wanna change some things in my life.

For one, I want to stop eating mass-produced chicken. Country chicken is okay for me though. Fish and a little beef is okay. I read about chicken rearing, and it's not pretty at all. So, it's all vegetable, fish, and half plate of rice for me. And snacks? Only once a week.

Then, I want to stop living in debt. I mean really. I don't want to buy a car, buy a house, take loans. Nope. I have been thinking about it, and I don't think buying anything with interest is going to benefit me, especially long term. So my point is obvious. I'd rather rent than buy a house, and I'd stay with my Mini.

I wanted to stay active too. One of my inspiration, is my cousin who just got married. She's hyperactive, and I want to be at least a quarter as active as she is.

I actually started to walk more. I walk the whole way from KLSC area in Wangsa Maju straight to the Wangsa Maju LRT station. It's not really an epic walk, but at least I burn something off my body in the 40 odd minutes walking. And usually in Putrajaya, I walked from Parcel E (Ministry of Education) bus stop to my apartment in Precinct 16. That is 25 minutes walking distance. Walking made me feel great, and I guess I feel better not having to wait for a bus ride. You know how infrequent those buses are.

This, made me want to rely less and less on cars. I even contemplated of selling STELLAR. Well I might not just yet. But the truth is, I don't really need a car. It sure does seem like a necessity sometimes ago. But now, not really. STELLAR is a want, not a need. But since I patronize public transport for more than a year already, I do not miss him so much. And for a year, I have been driving the company car to site, instead of my own car.

But while I still own him, I might as well drive him, though not as regularly. Maybe once or twice a week. This also means less servicing, and less wear and tear.

I feel strongly about saving money. Since I have not been able to save up yet, I want to do so badly. Saving up, to the few of us, are the way to go to buy things, rather than doing so on credit. It's the least I can do for my family.

I worry about the future. What might happen. Especially to my kids. The least I can do is to do something about it that I am capable of, like changing my own self first.


PS: Credits goes to Utusan Konsumer, for highlighting the better side of life.

1 comment:

ClipperSeep said...

and I really thought STELLAR was a he...
duh!