20060716

800 Optimistic Kilometers

2pm.

The party's over. Obviously, I will have to head back home now.

I felt I just had to drive slowly this time.

It takes great patience to drive like this. 70kph all the way, with the occasional 60kph, and the even rarer 80kph.

I don't know whether the cars at the back was as patient as me. I don't quite care though. They can overtake the slow me anytime.

And why? I know you would ask.

It's the glorious feeling when you save fuel is why.

I have done 750km on an Iswara 1.3 with full tank of petrol. And around 700km with my wife's Wira.

I targeted 800km with the current driving behavior.

If I achieve that, I will target 850km next. On a full tank of petrol, calculated at around 40 to 45 liters consumption.

Next year will be nightmare coming true. I must prepare myself.

No comments: