20060630

Epitome Of Fear

Watching Duel made me realize several things about driving.

There are road bullies long before most of us knew it.

And it made me ponder too, what if I'm involved in a similar predicament.

Let me think, do I have a car to handle a tough truck?

No. I don't have enough metal, obviously.

Will I be able to outrun its pace?

I am not sure. The truck in the movie tops out at 90mph, although I'm pretty sure it's pure nonsense. STELLAR tops out at 85mph. Fat chance.

Do I have enough speed to stay away?

Nope. Same as second ponder.

Do I have the cornering poise?

I think so. Any Minis can outcorner most things on the road. Fair chance.

And lastly, do I have enough guts to push my car to the limits?

Maybe. I dueled with a race Mini once thru Fraser's Hill, albeit with the slower SYCLONE.

And, we are talking about STELLAR here.

So it seems obvious that I should stay on the open roads, and not the highways.

No comments: