20081205

Very Crunchy

They say toasts are the best breakfast one can eat.

I read that probably a couple of years ago. I don't know who said it, but considering I read it in English, it might as well came from an Englishman of yore.

But bread has been a somewhat Muslim food too, especially in the Arab countries, since historic times. And I probably have a small percentage of Arab blood in me. So there...

Nevertheless, I love bread. And everyday it did for me.

For this week, it's been almost everyday that I ate toast, with one session as my lunch instead of breakfast.

At other times, I ate Kellogg's Corn Flakes. Nothing like the originators of corn flakes, Nestle doesn't even come close. With milk, it's a quintessential food of choice.

Back to toast, what I did was to buy a loaf of Gardenia bread, preferably the 3rm fibre type. And it can last for about 3 days.

We have a a toaster and a fridge in the office, and it's filled with jam spreads, Kellogg boxes, milk packs and a plate of Raya date, which I assume is still edible.

Usually the prefered choice of spread is the Orange Marmalade of the Chivers brand, though I can do with Strawberry or Raspberry too. Yes, it's sweet. Shoulda spread it thinner too, and it can be a healthier combination. Sometimes, I also spread JIF peanut butter or Goober of any combinaton. And mind you, one slice is only for one spread.

When I do feel like spreading the Planta margarine, I pour a fingertipful of sugar as a topping. Usually the amount needed for four slice doesn't exceed a teaspoon.

One thing though, never use one spreader knife for multiple spreads. You will ruin the spread in the jar.

Usually I ate four slices at any one session, usually mornings.

I don't feel like eating out anymore. I practically don't need to leave office.

No comments: