20080919

Perfected Ways

After going halfway through, here's what I can more or less talk about the perfect sahur and fast break.

The perfect sahur, for me, is waking up 2 hours before Subuh, and having a small drink of water. Then go straight to the bathroom.

10 minutes after bathtime, I will have some snack or two, anything that I like. Things that makes me crave for more, like a nice warm biscuit or two, or more. Or some bits of chocolate. Hmmm! After the initial taste shock the mouth waters and I think it's around 10 minutes before actual mealtime.

As the stomach warms up and all the blood flows normally, then you eat. Usually this is done 1 hour before Subuh.

As the Subuh nearly arrived, I will sip some warm water. Yes, plain sipping, one or two swallows only.

Then, off to work! Yes, it's barely 6am. The road will fill up in no time nowadays.

.
.
.

OK, now about the perfect fast break.

The perfect break is with water. A cup or less is good enough. Then I took my bath, and do my prayers. By the way, I prefer sugar cane juice. Or grass jelly (cincau). Very rarely, I start with the tamar.

As the stomach warms up again for the main course, I will start eating. Slowly at first. This is usually within 40 minutes after the break. I will eat the best part first. Like, the very enticing hot and spicy anchovies (sambal bilis) my wife sometimes cook, or the simple fried fish, whatever I think I should take first. Eat slowly. Steadily. While watching the news.

If any sugar cane drink this is available, I will drink more. And probably delay eating for an extra 20 minutes.

Then it's Isha. Finish whatever I can, and go pray.

I will probably sleep early during fasting months but this is not always the case. It's the nighttime things people do that renders me unable to sleep. ;)

No comments: