20070802

Just Like The Olden Days

Not so long ago, people used ships to go to Hajj.

Even longer than that, horses.

So I have had this crazy thought of going to Hajj by car.

Yes, by driving STELLAR, to Makkah.

But, my Iraqi friend immediately ask me to refrain.

Said, the Middle East was too hostile.

I tell him, the Americans made it hostile.

He said, Americans are our friend now.

Obviously he's converted.

But the fact remains, probably I might not make it when I reached Middle East. Especially those "hot" areas like Afghanistan.

So for now, there it remains, just a dream.

Probably if I did, the only few things I'd bring, are oil filters, hoses, and belts. And change the tyres first. And overhauled the engine. Etc etc (the list could never end) before I even start.

It'll be so exciting. Just thinking about it doesn't do it justice.

No comments: