20070620

Transformer Gets Transformed

I am worried about the new Transformers movie.

For one, the main players are not assuming their original forms.

Megatron is a jet? He must be a shooter, in any form. Tank, cannon, artillery, Walther. Acceptable. Jet? Nope...

Bumblebee must be a cute car. Beetles and Minis, original or new, should be acceptable. Nothing else. Well, Audi TT is quite ok I guess.

There's no Soundwave. He's a key figure for the Decepticon.

Scorponok can hide inside a helicopter? He should be CITY-SIZED!

These few points disappoints me straightaway.

I have a theory regarding this. They want an all-American cast to be in the movie. The robots must change to something American.

I bet I will suffer in trying to recognize which is who and. Most of them are lanky and almost having the same colour.

But I'll watch the movie anyway, coz I think I'll recognize Optimus Prime and Starscream. At least something I can relate too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a friend recommended me to read ur pre-review, i must say, u hv a big deal of a knowledge abt transformers.

i hv a posted my own review of the movie, and in comparison, i think i sounded very childish, agreeing what most ppl would agree, that it's worth watching, a blast n what not, with a little downside but nothing related to what u've pointed out. thats due to the lack of knowledge abt them *not a fanatic although i grew up with them*. even so, i do agree with ur points.

but hey, i enjoyed it, without being too analytical. if u couldn't, im sure ur kids will. =D

SYCLONE said...

elo,

i am not a fanatic, but 80s stuffs are my interest. including transformers (and that includes their history)

your review is nice too. i haven't watched it just yet. but i've heard from officemates that it RULES!

i know i will want to watch it. bet it's fully booked up to now, so i'll wait a few more days.