20060814

Am A Recording Artist, Sorta

Last Friday, we 2 out of 3 in the band went to studio to do some recording of our song.

My guitar player is to be the mixing engineer. So he had all these instrument jacked up to his PC one at a time, except the drums, which are recorded as ambient, with the vocal mic jacked up instead.

The setting up of the rigs consumed about a precious 25 minutes.

Using the clean guitar version he had done several months ago as a guide, I did the drumming and did several versions of the vocals, my way. He did several versions of his vocals too.

The drumming went quite well, apart from very few near misses (read: timing). It took quite a toll on my back too, from trying too hard to keep tempo.

The singing was okay I guess, but it ended up not getting recorded. We found out that the mic was not jacked into the PC properly. So there goes our 20 minutes.

In the car, we ended up recording the vocals into my MP3 recorder/player. Both of us sang our own versions. After several takes, I want to sing some more, but ended up laughing instead, since I persistently tried to clear my throat (it tickles my funny bone, and I don't quite know why).

The bass and lead guitar will be recorded in his home.

I hope we will re-record again. I don't feel the end product is good enough, yet.

One of these days, I must re-record my vocals, and do at least FIVE versions. With various emotions and feelings.

Hmmm...


PS: Have to go to site at Kelantan today.

No comments: