20050829

Not Flying The Flag

I read somewhere that less people are flying the Malaysian flag commemorating the Malaysian Independence Day 2005.

Now I came to realize why.

Dissatisfaction with the government is one of the reason I can come up with.

For me, the biggest reason is, the government is not backing the people in consumer goods price control. That includes petrol price.

Plenty other reasons. AP, poverty (ever watched Bersamamu?), non-functioning people-representative (wakil rakyat) etc etc. Go figure!

As for me, it's been a long time since I stop flying the flag. I don't see any reason for, that's why.

I even remembered once in 1998, moments after a free flag was put on my mother's car's windscreen, we decided to unstick it and keep it in the car.

Fly the flag if you wish. I won't. Democracy is indeed good.

No comments: