20040219

Two Days With A Putra

Elo

The accident necessitates me to switch cars with my brother-in-law, Boy. He owns a Putra, so I guess I'll be on a fastway again. He will be helping me to get repair quotations from his friends' garages.

Two days with his Putra, proves quite a challenge to me. The slammed stance is way too low, so I scraped the tyres to the arch every time I corner. As I am a fast cornerer, I don't like this situation. So I guess I should really really slow down.

On the highway, driving is a breeze. The exhaust note is cool enough, a deep drone, not the farty type like most boyracers have. I will surely use the same brand of exhaust backbox, if ever I changed the exhaust system.

On the Semenyih road, meanwhile, I will have to drive slower than my Wira. It scrapes like nobody's business. I don't enjoy this moment one bit, except when I accelerate.

Lesson learnt. To corner, be moderate in lowering your car. Have at least an inch of clearance between arch and tyre.

By the way, the Putra is fast enough. So I guess if ever, I'll buy the early 1990s Ford Laser TX3 1.8, a car with the same power rating of 140hp, but cheaper.

No comments: