20040114

Full Key Finally

I remember last Monday night, when I'm in the car and are in the mood for some crooning. I remember switching off the radio and went on to sing Foolish Heart, my hero Steve Perry's song.

I actually did sing it full key! None missed, and I sing it better, with no nasal sound. Phew! Finally!

However, mine is a very raspy version, just like the vocals of Jeff Keith of Tesla. Significant difference? Way too different! Steve did it very well, and his voice were clean and full of emotions. He's very expressive.

Some other songs that I have sung successfully, albeit with a bit nasal, would be Open Arms and The Girl Can't Help It, also by Journey, the band featuring my hero yet again.

Meanwhile, I can't sing some numbers, such as Stone In Love and Escape just yet. The need to develop vocal pitch is on the way. Any free lessons anybody?

And, the need to be Don Henley or even Phil Collins rages on. How can you sing good vocals when you drum? I'd like to do that. I'd like to be part of history. Imagine doing the technical Don't Stop Believing, or even the simpler Armageddon It, with the same person doing the vocals and drums together.

No comments: