20091211

Music Duration Test

I have thought about doing a duration test to the Sony Ericsson Z530i under my custody (it's my mum's actually) to prove whether its worthy enough for a long haul trip. Entertainment is a necessity you see.

The battery, meanwhile, is not its original, but comes from a donor W300i damaged by the flickering WSOD (white screen of Death) courtesy of my youngest brother. This will also mean I will do another test using the original battery as well soon.

This test involves playing music from its fullest battery down to some percentage left, which may be necessary to do calls. It involves using the biggest available headphone, the bulky yet worthy Sony MDR-85 I bought in 1997, which still tops all my mobile entertainment stock in terms of sound and clarity. The volume used a majority of the time is 75 percent, which varies plus minus 8 percent mean.

Battery status starts at 96 percent, and ends around 20-ish percent.

By the way, I don't really listen in most of the time. I just start the test and put it aside.

The official result: 9 hours.

After the battery stabilizes, several minutes after music is turned off, the battery capacity is around 23 percent.

I can safely say I could bring the whole entertainment gear to a remote site anywhere within Malaysia West.

I may test a 100 percent volume duration test next.

No comments: