20090310

Their Future

I am worried about my kids.

Here I am in Malaysia, where widespread gangsterism among kids are more and more exposed.

Kids gang-beating up each other doesn't need any excuse anymore. They can claim they are doing this purely for fun.

Then, the drugs. The smoking. The harassments. The sexual crimes. The biking gang.

That sadistic.. the world nowadays.

This too, is a catch-22 situation.

Other kids may know about violence, while my kids doesn't.

Should I expose them with violence, so they can be ready for it? I am not so sure, but part of myself tells me I should at least talk to them about it, just for the sake of preparing them to such situation.

But I know it's not right. More violence is not the solution to end violence.

First, I don't want my kids to be like them.

And then, I don't want my kids to be terrorized by them.

What can I as a parent do?

This has to stop, right here, right now.

I will think of a way, and contribute to whatever commitment to make this work.

No comments: