20060520

Continental Car?

Apart from admiring most European classic cars, especially British gems like the Mini and Triumph TR6, I would say I still have some form of admiration for modern Continental cars as well.

After watching the French film Taxi quite a while ago, I am still deciding whether my next car might be a Peugeot 406.

I especially love its looks. And it's a large enough car for a family of 4, I imagined.

I have read a lot of positive reviews regarding its handling capabilities, exceptional comfort level, overall design charm et cetera. I am not to forget the bad points as well, such as extraordinarily heavy weight in relation to size, somewhat bad gas mileage, and so on.

I also liked the fact that it's a rare car to stumble upon, especially in Malaysia. For this month, I only had about 5 encounters with the Pug.

Well, who knows? I may buy a 7 year old Pug in 2008.

But then again, improving our current Wira by putting a MIVEC 4G92 engine isn't a bad an idea. And it's way cheaper too. So I'm leaving the options open.

No comments: